Friday, January 2, 2009

Ricocheted

For a fraction of a second I thought the pain was
radiating from you and your
indecisive heart.
But I learned that you were not playing the part
and it knocked me back a step or two.
I had to learn not to think so blindly
because the pain will still want to be.

I can’t remember the reason why
I thought that you might be mine.
Rather it doesn’t matter now,
that chapter of my life already took it’s bow.

Ricocheted off the thought of you
and remembered the last time I felt unglued,
but I couldn’t be suspended in the past
because those feeling only pretended to last.

Remorse and pity have played their part,
let them get in and make my views tart.
But my attitude will be looking up,
confusion no longer making visions corrupt

For a fraction of second I thought I might be jealous
of everyone and their
amazing ability to obtain love.
But I imagine that I must go above
because life won’t take a sucker punch.
I must continue to make-believe I have so much to do
that I cannot stand around waiting for love and the blues

No comments:

Post a Comment